Best of the mid-fat touring skis, the Camox Freebird has an updated core and a shortened ABS section.
It’s livelier than its predecessor, and has more grip; but above all, this Camox Freebird has been made distinctly lighter, which makes a lot of difference in a touring ski. A sporty flex, classic camber and double rocker, all the pleasure of off-piste in a touring version
- Intermediate width: 96 mm wide at the tail.
- Progressive front rocker and slight rear rocker: pivot control, manoeuvrability, planing.
- Medium classic camber: classic camber underfoot with intermediate ski-snow contact: balances manoeuvrability with stability.
- Slightly raised tail: soft ending to curves, practical for touring (for fitting skins or sticking skis upright in the snow not a unimportant point).
- Intermediate flex: a tolerant and comfortable ski.
- Weight: 2500g/pair @160cm - 2750g/pair @166cm - 2900g/pair @172cm - 3000g/pair @178cm, 600g/pair less than the earlier version - 3200g/pair @183cm - 3300g/pair @188cm.
The Camox Freebird is for you if
you have a tendency to constantly change your mind.
Black Crows. A freeski brand, fully independant, developed by Bruno Compagnet and Camille Jaccoux, two riders who, season after season, have practiced this sport as professional skiers and have gained unique know-how. Black Crows develops its own vision combining tolerance and high performance.
This project is the result of the necessity felt by numerous skiers to obtain a ski that corresponds to the genuine culture of free skiing. When Black Crows was created, the objective was to combine product reliability with the spirit of free-ski. Our motto is: no compromise on either the conception of the ski or its identity.
Black Crows. The equilibrium. A balance between passion and the expectation of a high quality product. Skis that correspond to today’s skier allowing them to express their diversity and the pleasure of their ride.
Our range of products is manufactured with special attention to exclusive finishing. Black Crows skis are easy to handle in all types of snow, playful but above all extremely high performing. This is where the foundation of the Black Crows’ identity lies.
Black Crows. The achievement. Our skis are the result of thousands of miles of riding all around the globe and of a culture that goes beyond the mountains. Today, riding is as much a type of ski as a social trend resulting from a cultural melting pot where the need for new experiences and perceptions fuse. There is Nature, but there is also the City, Art and Mankind. Let’s not forget who we are and why we ski.
With this fourth collection, Black Crows perpetuates the Associative Disorder. A contagious pleasure, that of skiing.
Black crows has developed a ski for free and contemporary skiing.