For the first time I wore this jacket and the matching trousers for ice climbing in the Brunnital. The athletic cut and the new material worked very well. The freedom of movement was excellent.
Dani Arnold - Pro Team Alpine
ISPO Gold Winner shows what he can do
With the ISPO GOLD winner high up: Dani Arnold climbs the Helmcken Falls with the Nordwand HS Flex Hooded Jacket Men and opens up a new route, which he names after the bulky ice formations: Power Shrimps. The hard shell jacket is designed for heavy loads such as ice climbing. It consists of a sophisticated combination of 3-layer GORE-TEX® fabric and innovative, highly bi-elastic GORE-TEX® stretch fabric that makes the jacket windproof and waterproof. At the same time, Dani enjoys maximum freedom of movement.
Hardshell jacket adapted to alpine climbing movements
Dani Arnold prepares for his next challenge in the ice. He benefits from our north face HS Flex Hooded Jacket Men, which is adapted to alpine movements. The combination of two unique technologies makes this jacket the ISPO Gold winner: The Mammut® Vertical Motion Technology™ optimizes the ergonomics of the jacket, while the Mammut® High Reach Technology™ promises unlimited freedom of movement when climbing. Not only Dani overcomes the ice, you can also overcome every obstacle.
Numerous features lead you to your goal in the Nordwand HS Flex
The Nordwand Flex Hooded Jacket Men is designed for all mountain conditions. The Mammut® High Visibility Backer Technology™ makes it visible off-road, while the storm-proof hood, which can also be worn over the helmet, protects you from strong winds. Laser-cut ventilation openings, pockets compatible with climbing harnesses and waterproof zippers round off the design of the hardshell jacket.
- Use of highly bi-elastic GORE-TEX® STRETCH material under the arms and on the back for increased freedom of movement and on hem and cuffs for perfect fit and weather protection
- Water column: 28,000 mm
- MAMMUT® Vertical Motion Construction™ for optimized ergonomics during alpine movement sequences
- MAMMUT High Reach Technology™ for unrestricted freedom of movement when climbing
- MAMMUT® High Visibility Backer Technology™ for high visibility in alpine terrain
- MAMMUT Single Pull Hood™: storm-proof, helmet-compatible hood with reinforced peak, can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally with a single pull
- Gusset on the collar with laser-cut ventilation openings to adjust width
- Internal chest pocket with zipper
- 2 climbing-harness-compatible front pockets with water resistant zippers in matte look and integrated gear loop on right
- Waterproof YKK VISLON® 2-way front zipper in a matte look for smooth operation
- Silicone webbing on the hem ensures perfect sealing and stops the jacket from riding up
- Item no.1010-26500
- Weight [g]430
- Water column [mm]28000
- CutAthletic Fit
When the mountain is calling you: the Nordwand HS Flex Hooded Jacket Men banks on a carefully considered combination of materials with 3-layer GORE-TEX® material and innovative, highly bi-elastic GORE-TEX® Stretch material, which makes the hard shell jacket wind- and waterproof and affords you maximum freedom of movement, so that you can get around the mountain quickly and easily. The jacket favors alpine movement sequences thanks to Mammut® Vertical Motion Technology™ for optimized ergonomics. In addition, the jacket draws on Mammut® High Reach Technology™ for unrestricted freedom of movement when climbing, to overcome any obstacle in the mountains. For all those who love a challenge.
- 44% Polyester|37% Polyamide|19% Spandex
Insert - membrane:
- 100% Polytetrafluorethylene
Main Material - Backing:
- 100% Polyamide
Main Material - Face:
- 100% Polyamide
Main Material - Membrane:
- 100% Polytetrafluorethylene
Technical, innovative, award-winning and "live" from the Eiger north face. Mammut Extreme marked the turning point from hardware brand to all-round supplier and made a name for Mammut in the clothing sector. The products still stand for excellent functionality and quality, developed in partnership with top alpinists.
The characteristic orange-blue color scheme has been retained. And despite the arrival of more colors in the meantime, Mammut has achieved something managed by very few other manufacturers before: identifying its brand through a color combination.
Now in its fourth generation, the new Mammut Eiger Extreme collection is still setting standards for alpine mountain sports clothing. From high alpine expeditions to ski tours and ice climbing – it offers the perfect product system for extreme scenarios. Functionality, lightness and design are not simply built on previous successes: like the first generation in 1995, it is defining the transformation of mountain sports and actively helping to shape it. For example, the entire clothing line is available in both a man's and a woman's version.