Ultra-light ice axe for technical mountaineering and steep skiing
Ultra-light at only 280 g, the GULLY ice axe is designed for technical mountaineering and steep skiing. Its tapered banana-shaped pick and the TRIGREST handrest (adjustable without a tool) ensure the performance required on technical sections.
- Ultra-light ice axe: 280 g
- Very technical and efficient:
- ice axe with steel head and banana-shaped pick that is tapered to 3 mm for efficient penetration and easy unhooking
- minimalist adze and hammer for cleaning holds or hammering a piton back in
- the TRIGREST handrest allows the position of the hand or the index finger to be adjusted into climbing mode quickly and without tools
- addition of weights (optional) improves anchoring quality in very cold ice
- only 45 cm
- the beveled spike makes it easy to carry the ice axe in a pack without damage to the bag
- Pick type: 1
- Shaft type: 1
- Material(s): steel, aluminum, nylon
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
|Length of shaft||45 cm||45 cm|
|Weight||280 g||280 g|
Petzl's roots lie in the desire of its founders to serve one passion: exploration. Since its beginnings in caving, the company’s mission has remained constant: to offer practical solutions that allow people to progress. Today that pioneering spirit, passion for exploration and ethic have not changed.
More than forty years later, Petzl continues to invent products and provide solutions that allow sports enthusiasts and professionals to access some of the most inaccessible places, both day and night.
Each Petzl product is designed to meet a precise need found in the real world.
Our product development process favors simple, ergonomic and reliable solutions.
All possible uses and their associated risks (incorrect or inappropriate use) are analyzed. Once this step has been satisfactorily completed, prototypes are tested and inspected for their performance in the field.
Through this development process, innovative products emerge that further the art of vertical progression.