Versatile ice axe for technical mountaineering and ice climbing
QUARK is a versatile ice axe designed for technical mountaineering and for ice climbing. Its balance and its ICE pick allow solid placements on any type of ice. The TRIGREST and GRIPREST handrests make it easy to handle and comfortable in any situation. They provide more efficient handle grip for difficult sections. Entirely modular, the QUARK ice axe adapts easily to technical, varied terrain: snow couloirs, gullies, north faces, icefalls...
Versatile ice axe:
- - shaft curved below the head and GRIPREST QUARK handrest at the bottom of the shaft to protect the hands on ice climbs
- shaft has a steel spike and is straight enough for use in piolet-canne mode
- shaft is hydroformed for optimal grip in the middle of the shaft, for snow couloirs
- over-molded, bi-material handle provides good grip while insulating from the cold
- TRIGREST QUARK and GRIPREST QUARK handrests strengthen the grip on difficult sections
- 550 g with PANNE or MARTEAU
- Efficient placement on any type of ice
- ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3.3 mm) and versatile across all terrain: snow, ice and mixed
- compatible with MASSELOTTE weights to modify the balance and improve the inertia of the ice axe
- Modular construction:
- entirely modular head allows the technical aspects of the ice axe to be adjusted
- compatible with Petzl accessories: PUR'ICE, MINI MARTEAU, MASSELOTTES...
- TRIGREST QUARK handrest is height adjustable without tools
- GRIPREST QUARK handrest folds in easily for planting the ice axe in snow
- connection hole is compatible with V-LINK elasticated loss-prevention webbing
- only 465 g, not including accessories
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Material(s): aluminum, steel, glass fiber reinforced plastic
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Sold with ICE pick, MARTEAU or PANNE, TRIGREST QUARK and GRIPREST QUARK handrests
|Length of shaft||50 cm||50 cm|
|Weight||550 g||550 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|
Petzl's roots lie in the desire of its founders to serve one passion: exploration. Since its beginnings in caving, the company’s mission has remained constant: to offer practical solutions that allow people to progress. Today that pioneering spirit, passion for exploration and ethic have not changed.
More than forty years later, Petzl continues to invent products and provide solutions that allow sports enthusiasts and professionals to access some of the most inaccessible places, both day and night.
Each Petzl product is designed to meet a precise need found in the real world.
Our product development process favors simple, ergonomic and reliable solutions.
All possible uses and their associated risks (incorrect or inappropriate use) are analyzed. Once this step has been satisfactorily completed, prototypes are tested and inspected for their performance in the field.
Through this development process, innovative products emerge that further the art of vertical progression.